I guess it comes from having hand-me-down shoes from two older sisters who (for a time) wore the same size at the same time.
Hence no hand-me-downs for them, so twice the number of shoes.
When it came time for her baptism though the shoes her sisters wore were too small - by a good few centimentres I might add.
So rather than spend significant amounts of money on something that was going to be kicked off pretty quick, I tried out this pattern from Stardust shoes and it worked a treat.
The total cost for the baptism shoes, which were made in a lovely pin-tucked cotton with a cotton sateen ribbon was $4.05.
Seriously, you can't do better than that.
I made a sample pair first as I had to upsize the pattern as it is sized according to age, but her feet appear to be slightly on the long side.
Just as well I did as the sample pair were too large to be worn straight away but will go nicely with this top in a month or so.
Though by then this busy little lady could well be deciding it's time to walk (or perhaps fly)!!