Tuesday 11 January 2011

Can you help??


At the moment, in Queensland, a north eastern state of Australia, there is devastating flooding occuring.

Thousands of people are without homes and businesses and farmers are preparing to face the new year with no crops, many of whom lost the same crops just 10 months ago.

If you have a craft business and can donate something or you can make an item to be auctioned to help raise money for the relief fund, then please go to Toni of "Make It Perfect's" blog, check out this post and offer your assistance.

If not, then please dig deep into your pockets and support the bloggers that Toni will list next week, by bidding for an item in their auctions.

I'll have an item of girl's clothing up for auction on Monday 17th January and so hope to see you back here then for details.
(I'm thinking maybe a Frida dress in some Sandi Henderson Ginger Blossom fabric that I have been saving for something special!).

Please help if you can.

5 comments:

cherri said...

Karen can you believe the scenes from last night? This is an awful tradgedy. I haven't stopped watching the news but the stories are getting sadder and sadder.

Thanks for the link to Toni -

Kylie said...

I think that there will be some great things popping up in the next few days.

motherof5 said...

Good on you Karen!

Austysmum said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create Karen, so that I can put in a bid or two! :) Love your sewing and Ginger Blossom will always remain a favourite fabric range with me, despite wearing it across my chest almost every day for over a year with a baby tucked inside!

Cass said...

Just donated my receipt number is 3189454