Friday 1 January 2010

Looking back...

What happened?

One minute I was here, the next I seemed to only blink and two weeks have gone by.

They were full weeks though.

There were cousins for overnight stays, taking the number of kids in the house to six, there was a road trip to my parents (east of the city) and the man of the house's parents (to the south-west of the city).

Hats were made, presents finished and wrapped and dresses sewn.

Family visited from interstate, a lovely niece came (and is still here) allowing us all to enjoy her company.


Somewhere in there was also Christmas, New year and a 50th wedding anniversary celebration.

Phew - now it's time to stop and do the things we love as a family; go swimming, see a few shows, ride our bikes, visit the zoo and hang out in the backyard.

I will admit I didn't get all three 'Feliz' dresses finished for Christmas Day, but I came to the realisation that given my mum was making them 'Dorothy' dresses, they were unlikely to be worn. (and I would have been right!)

They wore them for the first time yesterday, at their Grandparent's 50th wedding celebration.

So I will leave you with something I saw a lot of yesterday, and will for days to come I am sure - small girls twirling joyfully.


I hope 2010 provides you with new and exciting experiences, and the heady rush you get from twirling too much.

24 comments:

Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

How in the world do I get the pattern for one of these dresses?

Unknown said...

Oh Karen, those dresses are absolutely beautiful! I love the flora and fauna range.

thornberry said...

So so pretty! I can see some Feliz dresses in my daughters' futures after seeing these beautiful examples.

Unknown said...

Love the dresses! Do they come in big people sizes??

Sarah-Jo said...

Happy New Year to you Karen :)

the dresses are stunning they look like alot of love and hard work went into each one, bravo!

SJxxx

Sally said...

My my... you have been very busy indeed. Certainly time for r&r!

Adore the dresses that you made and think all those shows look like much fun. Whilst I don't want time to pass by any faster than it already is - I am looking forward to the time when my children are old enough to enjoy such shows.

willow and moo said...

Happy New Year Karen!

Love the Feliz dresses! Gorgeous!

Reminds me that I need to make Moo another one. :)

Kelly Casanova said...

The dresses are absoloutely gorgeous!
Happy new year to you.

becanne said...

All those frills look fantastic.
Well done for getting them finished.
I would have adored one of them when I was that age!

Jennifer said...

Karen the dresses are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing many 2010 creations.

Kylie said...

They look great in there dresses - love the twirling pictures. Looks like youhave been having a great holiday season - be it a little busy:)

Nikki said...

I hope you were beaming with pride at your gorgeous, carefree, twirling girls in their gorgeous dresses. They look amazing Karen.

Happy New Year to you too and I hope that 2010 is a wonderful year for you and your family xxx

Cindy said...

Late or not those dresses are so amazingly beautiful. Hope that 2010 is a great one for all of you. I have really enjoyed finding your space this year and can't wait to see more

snowflakes4sam said...

Oh Karen the girls dresses are just wonderful. I love dresses and skirts that swirl and twirl around - not something that you should ever grow out of!

Happy New Year to you hope that you have a wonderful creative 2010 xxx

Horlic said...

Oh Karen, you are genius. The dress fit them well and they look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Karen the dresses are just devine!!!! The girls obviously LOVE them, and the fabrics are just beautiful. You've done, as you always do, an amazing job.

Looking forward to 2010 in blogworld with you:)

Lx

Ruby Girl said...

They are just gorgeous dresses. What pattern is it? It is so special spending time with family.

Austysmum said...

Love, love LOVE the feliz dresses! All those ruffles - that's dedication! Well done!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy New Year, from one mummy with 3 lovely girls (plus a boy) to another. Beautiful dresses, love your work, love Posie

Beck said...

Oh these are gorgeous photo's! I love the twirling girls and your niece looks gorgeous. Happy New Year to you too, hope it's a fantastic one for you and your family xo

Dani said...

Oh My they are all beautiful! Well done to you making three of them what a great effort!

Natalie said...

Oh Karen, the feliz dresses are just adorable!!! I love the fabrics you have chosen, just gorgeous

Cass said...

Karen the dresses look fantastic

Kelly said...

Happy New Year...amd wow the girls dresses are stunning. Great Job :)