Friday 31 October 2008

International goodness

Just a quick post to share some of the loveliness that has been featured at the International Quilt Fair in Houston during the last week.

I'm not a quilter - never will be I fear as I don't have the skill or patience to do it well, but there are many divine ranges of quilters cotton that are also great for kids clothes, so I always keep an eye on the goings on at Houston and the show that was on earlier in the year at Portland.

Here are a couple of my favourites;

Patty Young is a kids clothing designer who has released a line called Andalucia - her Flickr set showing it made up into clothing, cushions and bags is to die for.

This is her blog.

Check out Paula Prass and her debut line for Michael Miller - Flights of Fancy.

Gorgeous colours and get a closer look at that bird print! I will definitely be adding some of this to my fabric stash when it is released, let's hope the Aussie dollar will make it more affordable by by then!

I've seen a few girls using this fabric, Tot Town by Michael Miller and it makes me wish I had boys to sew for! So sweet.

Also, while not exactly new, there are some great bird prints around that I would love to get my hands on!

The worst part about some of these recently released fabrics is they will take a few months to get here.

Worth waiting for though I think!

While on fabric - here's some really lovely lightweight red denim I bought from Jodie at The Haby Goddess .
Destined to become summer skirts and pants - maybe some shorts.
I like a solid colour to mix with some of the busy prints I've been using of late.

She stocks a range of haberdashery and also fabric and has some great offers.

Fabulous service and price so check her out if you get a chance.

The trims were from the shopping fabric tour I took earlier this year and came from Trimmings and remnants.

4 comments:

Cass said...

Karen that bird fabric is divine and I nearly bought some of that red denim from the Haby Goddess the other day just forgot all about it when i got home from work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that all looks so wonderful! Makes my fingers itch to get sewing - not that I've done much of anything since the baby arrived! :0)

Kylie said...

Thanks for all of those links - humm if only the $$ was not .67 cents at the moment :( to us poor aussies!

Love the MM fabric - will have to get my hands on some of that!

Unknown said...

Why thank you so much for posting about my Flights of Fancy. I'm going to participate in the Give Away Day Dec 3..so look out for that bird fabric!