Thursday 21 July 2011

It's love!

Love Chirps actually.

That's what the fabric used for this little vest is called.
It's by Farbenmix and I got it a while back from Crafty Mama's, I'm not sure that it's still available.

We've been waiting for the right project for it and so when I asked Miss L to choose some fabric for a new vest she went straight to it.


This is the Kid's Vest from Toni's book, I made it a little larger than the size five thinking she needed it. Looking at her she probably didn't, but at least it will last a while now, and it's roomy and comfortable.


Instead of lining it with pellon or batting I just used polar fleece for the inside fabric, so it's lovely and snug - just what you need for keeping your back warm on these frosty days.

There are a few rows stitched across it to give it a quilted look, and in the second pic you can see the cute zipper pull I got from Nikki's shop
You should grab yourself some - they are a sweet little touch to finish off a project - we have a small collection of them.

This is a quick and easy vest to make and it is great for 'dressing up' some plain old jeans and a long-sleeved top for a day at the park or kinder.

The zip is a bit bright but there was nothing to match the light blue, so I went for a contrast.
Nothing like a pop of colour to make you smile.

I hope there's some colour in your day.

14 comments:

Liz said...

That's lovely Karen, I like it a bit bigger and I really love the pop of the zipper...
Lizzie
xxx

Cass said...

Karen you are on such a roll lately. I love the vest

make it perfect said...

gorgeous as always karen! love the zipper pull too, might have to invest in a few of those :)

cherri said...

oh how cute - I remember that fabric, very sweet. Was it quick to make?

Unknown said...

I love the polar fleece lining. It looks nice and cosy.

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

That looks great. I didn't get that book because I thought my kids were too big at 5 and 6 years. Maybe not? Such a happy looking model too :)

Carolyn said...

thats gorgeous! maybe I should do that with my love chirps fabric! You sure have been churning it out lately!

Little Munchkins said...

The vest looks great! I remember you buying the fabric from CM and asking me if I was getting any.

When we tested the vest pattern for Toni, I also just used fleece for the inside. It's definitely warm enough.

Lyndel said...

your girls are so lucky to have a sewing mummy!♥

Seaweed and Raine said...

I have that book (and I've been thinking about doing some vests for the boys) Miss L's vest looks mad!!! I love it :) Especially the little zipper fob. Yet another great production from the lady who brought you Raspberry Delight and Little Purple People-eater.

quilary said...

It looks lovely and the polar fleece is a great idea.

Tanya said...

I have some of that very same fabric, also biding it's time for the right project! This looks great Kazz, I love it.

Kylie said...

It looks great - I am quickly adding to this winter to make list:)