Wednesday 1 June 2011

Skirting inspiration...

Donna and Lara have both been busy girls - and have finished their PC Skirts already!

Here's some inspiration for you to get started - if you haven't already.

Donna went with a yoke at the top in black denim and also used the black denim for the back, keep an eye on her blog for a post about it in the next day or so.



Lara did hers with a very fashionable exposed zip on the side and I think I see a bias hem on the inside too, perhaps in some of her favourite Kaffe Fassett...


Lara said she did the external zip using the same technique I mentioned in the last post but just did it on the outside.


Well done ladies - gold medal to you both I say!

The blue and greens in these skirts definitely make me keen to whip up another one...

Come back tomorrow for tips on putting in the facing and then we will finish up the last post with hem options.

I'm taking it slowly as I know everyone has lots going on in their days (work, kids, pets, partners, exercise, meetings!!) so I am assuming you don't get the chance to sew every day - as much as you would like to!

3 comments:

lamina @ do a bit said...

Love both skirts and the fabric is gorgeous :)

Vic said...

Gorgeous skirts, this blue & green business is growing on me; who says it should never be seen?! ;)

Gina said...

These skirts are beautiful. They look so well-made and the fabric choices are ace.