Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Aint it grand


Grand Revival that is.

This skirt was made up using some of the Erin McMorris Park Slope range that I showed you back here, using a free tutorial (don't you love a free pattern from the web) known as the ruffled skirt from Grand Revival.
It's a well written and easy to follow tutorial and would suit a beginner as well as more advanced sewers so give it a go.

I'd go so far as to say that this is a small fit - the pattern says it's a size 5-6 so I made it from that wanting it to fit a girl about to turn 4 and I think it will just be OK, hopefully not too small.
I have plans to do an appliqued T to go with it but that hasn't happened yet.
Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Cascade Lily said...

Thanks for the link! I love the fabric you've used - I was eying it off the other day in my local fabric shop :)

Kylie said...

Looks great - will be interested to see how it fits the recipient.

Emma said...

This looks beautiful. I'll definately give this tutorial a go. Thanks!

Bec said...

Wow this looks fantastic! I'm off to check out this tutorial now. Thanks for the tip!!

Samantha said...

Love your blog! I too have an affinity and obsession for fabric but cannot sew like you! I'm more of a beginner and can sew really easy shapes like squares and rectangles for curtains and bedspreads. Anyway, I see you have 3 girls and I have 3 boys...I'll look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations! Keep up the great work! Samantha

Andrea said...

Just gorgeous Karen, love the colours.

tigerfilly said...

That is a lovely skirt, I think the colours go beautifully (of course I always love brown and pink together!)

Leah (mummy made it) said...

Love your skirt, turned out better than mine. Love that park slope fabric. Must try another grand revival!

Little Munchkins said...

I was so sure I had left a comment before but it looks like it didn't go through.

I love the skirt, beautiful fabrics and lovely pattern. I really wish the dollar is stronger so I can buy the Park Slope fabric.