Sunday 25 May 2008

Introducing... Anna

I've had my eye on this pattern for a while and bought it a few weeks ago from Crafty Mamas when I got the Ottobre Creative Workshop pattern.

It's called the Anna dress and is the first Farbenmix pattern I have bought.

I made it up yesterday morning for a birthday party that was on in the afternoon, and once I read (and I will confess re-read) the intructions I found it surprisingly simple to put together.


There will be lots of ways to embellish this dress - make it up using a variety of fabrics, add strips of fabric as frills, put on multiple rows of ribbon, rick rac and trims or do fun appliques, but for this one I chose to keep it simple and used the same crocheted flower I used a few weeks ago for my niece's skirt and top set.

Novy of Little Munchkins has assured me that it can easily be made into a reversible dress too - as she did when making one for Kylie.

I think there will be more of these made in both summer and winter weight fabrics, in in good time of course!!

5 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Oh Karen, that's very pretty. Love the colour.

I really like the pattern too, easy to sew and so versatile as I mentioned too. Can't wait to see more of your versions :)

Bec said...

Gorgeous! I love the fabric, and restrained detail you have used on it. Just perfect :)

Kylie said...

Love it - the colour is divine! You have done a fantastic job.

Unknown said...

I have this pattern too, but am yet to try it out. Yours looks fabulous. Well done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! That's it. After seeing this dress twice I have to have the pattern. It's adorable.