Day two of KCWC saw me make up this little jacket - for Miss L to throw on over her new dress when the weather is a little cool.
This still needs a press-stud at the neck on the binding - but that's pretty close to a finish I think!
|She's pretty pleased, even though the poor kid was freezing!|
This is also from the Summer 3/2012 edition and this jacket is design number 31 and it is called 'Lime Juice'.
I made the same size as the dress, 134cm. The sleeves are a little long and I told her I'd shorten them but she asked me not to, so when she raises her arms they don't pull halfway up to her elbows.
|Using a twin needle makes for a neat and tidy finish.|
It was incredibly easy to make and the only changes I made were to omit buttons and buttonholes as I doubt she will ever wear it buttoned up anyway, and also to do the neck binding in a woven fabric the same as the shoulder straps and waistband on her dress, rather than the prescribed knit.
I did all the internal seams on my overlocker, with cuffs, hems and the button placket top-stitched using a twin needle because I like the finish it provides.
Incredibly I had this knit in my stash - I can't believe how well it matches the dress colour.
Of course if I was clever with the needles like Rachel or Kylie I could knit a cute shrug or cardigan which would look even better... (might take you up on that swap Kylie!)....
Day three of KCWC will involve the tracing and cutting of the croquet dress that I was supposed to do yesterday - until the jacket caught my attention!
This is another never used before pattern so that's two patterns busted out of my stash and two garments in two days.
I'm on a roll...