Wednesday 25 April 2012

KCWC - Day two

Ok - day two - nothing very exciting to show - I unpicked and finished the top as shown below.

Now I think it's a little too short for my tall lovely girl and so know I should unpick that hem (AGAIN!!!) and add a pink and white striped band on the bottom for extra length *sigh*.

Finally found some jeans this kid is happy to wear - hooray!!

I also spent some time tracing and cutting a sweet little skirt from Ottobre, just going to be made in denim.

I haven't had a chance to sew it up yet and it's not going to happen tonight as there is something else on my agenda now.

There's a theme day happening at school tomorrow - can you guess what it is from these skirts (which will be worn with a white puff-sleeved top and black shoes and green, white and red ribbons in their hair and on a tambourine!??).


I've realised that with a weather forecast of 18 degrees and rain tomorrow the girls are not going to be warm enough so I am going to make some very basic bias-trimmed jackets to go over the top.
Probably just in stretch so I don't have to fiddle with them too much.

So for today I traced that pattern and also another cute Otto skirt - while we had family here and we all chatted and watched the footy, so I was social and productive (I asked them first if they minded and no-one did!).

This pic is just because I love finding my kids sharing special moments like this.
Miss A reads very competently and is often asked for a story (she's taking my job!!), I think she read the small kid about eight today.




And lastly, today is a public holiday here in Australia.

In celebrating ANZAC Day we remember those who fought and gave their lives for the freedom and lifestyle that we enjoy today.




They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.



Lest we Forget.


3 comments:

Digs said...

Nice. They who served did not die in vain. I like the poem. And your girls, who are way too young to appreciate the sentiment, look adorable in their mom-made tops. Applause all round!

Carolyn said...

Lest we forget...

I think they are the same jeans as my sister got for my neice- after spending the past 3 years looking for some that fit.

Geogeous pic of your girls having story time together.

becanne said...

Can you leave the hem intact and just add the band underneath with some top stitching, give the layered look?
What am I saying - you've probably already done it!
Very cute, I might need some of theose velours...