Tuesday 18 October 2011

Blowing in the wind

I've spoken before about how there are 'makers' and 'creators', the kid below is definitely a creator.

She comes up with an idea then sits down with pencils, paper, card, scissors, string, sticky-tape and usually glitter, to bring it to life.

Today it was kite making.

One for her...


One for her little sister...


Then, Miss A sees and likes the idea and conjures up her own - she's like me - a maker. 
She's able to follow a plan or pattern, but not usually the one to come up with the idea!


Here's their 'artwork' up close, glitter, streamers and of course a smiley face and some repurposed toilet rolls.


Often it means I am left with this...


But I think it's worth it.

PS - excuse the lawns!! A bit of rain and lots of sunshine and it's now growing like a jungle!

4 comments:

sweet emmelie said...

So cute. My first 2 girls are little creators too. One's more arty (I'm secretly hoping she will become an amazing artist) and the other is definitely crafty and wants to become a knitter and a cooker when she grows up. The other 2 are too young to see yet. I love watching them come up with an idea and then producing the end product.

Seaweed and Raine said...

I was so busy looking at the delight on the girls faces, that I didn't even notice the lawn! :) Then I went back for a look - I think all the daisies are really sweet - rather like they are playing in a meadow.

Sally said...

Your lawn looks like a gorgeous meadow. Lovely!
And yes ... the glitter mess is totally worth it... even though it will still be around in weeks to come. But hey... who doesn't need a bit of sparkle in their life?

Gorgeous gorgeous kites. Fantastic.

Becky said...

Looks like an afternoon well spent making and playing (and cleaning up for some!).