Thursday 4 March 2010

My Creative Space

I make no secret of it, I love gadgets that can help make sewing and making things easier and quicker.

That way I can get more done, well in theory anyway!

These have got to be the best, simple gadget I have come across in ages.

They are for making self-covered fabric buttons with.

You know how most kits provide you with a little paper/cardboard circle template for you to trace onto fabric and cut around to make up a button, and how hard it is to make sure you have the image you want to appear positioned in the centre of the button.

Well guess no more!

Each of these templates is a different size for the different sized buttons.

All you do is position it so the image you want centred on the button is shown in the centre circle.
Then trace around the outside of the template and cut and make up your button as usual.

So if you want a small chicken button, a larger red riding hood button or red with all her friends for a huge button for a big hair tie, then you can do it all without waste and, more importantly, frustration!

Super-friendly Kerrie at Jackobindi is the only Aussie distributor of these, and she has all the other stuff you need to make up hair ties, snap clips, bookmarks, magnets, push pins, shoe clips and heaps of other stuff.

Seriously, just get yourself some, you'll be glad you did.

To check out what creative goodness others are working on head on over to Kirsty's.
She's seeing red today.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

They do look handy.

Kirsty said...

So simple & so brilliant.

I love a gadget too.

CurlyPops said...

Ingenious! I too love a nifty gadget.

Sarah said...

Hhmm I like! yes I always have that problem with alignment! They are such good gadgets, but also loving the fabric! How cutsie.

thornberry said...

That is just too cool! Thanks for sharing that handy gadget.

Jo said...

I'm a big jackobindi fan and have a few of these little wonders. They do take all the guess work out of getting the picture just right on your button. Pretty nifty.

cherri said...

Ohh what a nice little gadget - love it!

Kylie said...

What a fabulous gadget! I love that fabric too :) K

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

What a great idea! Love the fabric you have chosen too :)

Unknown said...

Genius button thingies, and I love that fabric. Thanks for the tip. xo m.

june at noon said...

I love gadgets too, and I often buy more than I can actually use. But this looks like one that would be truly useful. (And what great fabric to use it with!)

Kylie said...

Thanks for the link - will have to go and check them out what a great idea - might also have topick up the buttons while I am there - Have been wanting to try them for a while.

Nikki said...

You do have a knack of finding good gadgets Karen. I look forward to seeing gorgeous buttons on all your gorgeous creations from now on!

michelle said...

great idea. i love that rrh fabric

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Ic. This is how you can do it...Thanks for the tips! :)

Kel said...

Thanks for sharing this gadget, I have wasted some lovely fabric with dodgy alignment, I'm going to have to get some of these! There are a few other things over there that look great too.

Unknown said...

LOVE that material.Finding a good gadget is always so exciting

Gilly said...

too cute - heading over there..now!

Swirlyarts said...

My badge maker has something similar in it - makes badge making so much easier!

Clair said...

That's such a great idea. I love these handy little tips - ones that I would never have thought of - thanks for the link x

Natalie said...

I think I'm going to have to grab a set of these for myself too, what a great idea!

The fabric is just adorable too!

Anonymous said...

The material is really cute!

Cherie said...

Oh these are gorgeous. Thank you so much for the tip, I'm heading staright over there now. Love what you're doing ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Karen, how funny is it that just days after you do this post, these guys have become sponsors of Sew It Together! Coincidence? Now were all getting buttons!

willow and moo said...

Oh those are way cool!

Kelly Casanova said...

So simple yet so cool!