I have lots of plain singlets and T's here and decided to 'pretty up' a few by adding some ruffles.
For this one I cut three strips of Anna Maria Horner voile that was left over from my kaftan and ran two rows of gathering stitches through the centre.
I gathered them up, then pinned and stitched them in place by sewing one line through the middle of each ruffle before removing the gathering stitches.
That's it. No hemming - I like that they are going to be slightly ragged after washing.
For the second one I did a rolled hem in the pink along one edge of each of the three strips then hemmed each end of the strips before sewing them to the top with the right sides together.
Then I flipped each strip over and ironed it down before topstitching to make them sit flatter on the shirt.
Of course the real reason I made these could just have been so I could test out my super-cute new crafty steam iron that my parents got me for my birthday!
It made pressing these little fiddly items a breeze, and I know it will be ideal for pressing the seams on the backpacks when next I make one.
It even has its own tiny water-measuring jug!