Sunday 25 October 2009

Time to think...

I've been a bit slack because Kelly over at The Handmaden tagged me a while back to post 10 honest things about myself and I've not had a minute to sit and think in order to make this post constructive, til now!

So thanks Kelly for making me take some time out and jot a few random thoughts down.

Here are the rules;
Thank the person who gave you the award.
Post ten honest facts about yourself.
Pass the award on to seven others.

I love the written word.
I'm a mad Scrabble player, love to read in any spare minute I have, love to read to our kids and teach them about words and how to correctly pronounce them.
I'm into elocution, enunciation and alliteration.
Some of my friends refer to me as the grammar queen.
Nothing excites me more than finding a typographical error in a book or newspaper. (Sad I know!)

I love fast rides at fairs and theme parks.
If it drops, spins, twirls or screams around a track at breakneck speed, I'm there.

I don't like quiet much.
I work best with a CD, ipod, or radio on in the background, always have.
It doesn't distract me, but rather keeps me on task.

I hate chosing the seat in a cinema - can't do it.
My husband finds this odd for a normally decisive person.

I love sport, to the extent that I studied Human Movement at Uni and worked in the corporate fitness industry for a number of years.
I've played or participated in basketball, tennis, netball, athletics, gymnastics, ballet and swimming.

I adore being a stay-at-home mum and spending time with my children helping them learn and grow and feel sad that 'the system' takes the first of them away next year.

I'm a country girl at heart.
Despite living in the city for the larger part of my life now I still love the wide open spaces of the countryside and the bush.
And of course the lack of traffic.

My husband and I met on a camp for kids with cancer.
He made friends with my housemate and they arranged a catch-up bbq.
I later found out it was a ploy to see me.
Aaawwww.

If I had my time over I would attempt to become a Roulette pilot!

(Photo credit)

My life is as close to perfect at the moment as I could imagine.
I have three healthy, funny, bright and vivacious kids whom I adore.
We live a comfortable, though not fancy, life in an area that is close to all the city has to offer but with enough trees to keep the country girl in me happy.
I have an absolute ripper of a husband, kind, thoughtful, considerate, loving and funny.
What more could you ask for??

OK - so there you have it.
Me revealling more than you probably wanted to know!

I'm going to break one of the rules though - I won't tag seven people but rather put it out there to the girls who are participating in Blogtoberfest to have a go before the end of the month.

No comments: