Thursday 8 January 2009

Little surfer girls

Happy New Year - 2009 - wow!

We've been enjoying some sun and surf and have discovered that since last summer our sand-bunny has turned into a mad surfer girl.

Subsequently I can't get that Beach Boys song "Little surfer girl" out of my head - it's probably stuck in yours too now.

We've been picnicing with family,


learning to toast marshmallows on the fire,


driving off into the distance in a sand car,


playing on the beach with dad


and of course tackling the waves.


I took a break from the sewing machine for a good ten days (possibly a record except when giving birth), and am now deciding what to tackle next.

A bundle of new Oliver + S and Indygo Junction patterns from here has got my mind ticking over again.

I'll be back with a list of things to try/do for the year to come - hopefully you'll join me on a few.

Here's hoping 2009 is a good one for you all.

8 comments:

Bek said...

Ah the sand car! We made a few on our holiday too. Looking forward to seeing you craftiness you get up to this year!

mummymadesigns said...

I love all your holiday snaps but my favourite is the one of the two girls on the boards , a classic !

Gotta love the sand car Ive got a photo of myself in one - hmm i was still loving them at 12 i think

Andrea said...

Karen it looks like you and your family have had a wonderful holdiay time. I too love the sand car, too cute.
Look at Miss G, time sure does fly.

Amy said...

The sand car looks like fun. My father once made me a sand helicopter. I was stoked.

Natalie said...

Awww looks like you had an amazing time away (jealous!!) Your girls are all growing up so quickly... My Miss C used to have the same top that your little surfer girl is wearing!

Lily Mulholland said...

Gosh our kids are growing fast! Enjoy :)

Beth said...

looks like a fun day at the beach!

Emily said...

I stumbled across your blog and have enjoyed looking at all your creations. I'm a fellow crafty mummy with three kids under three- a 2 year old boy and 5 month old twin girls. It's great to find someone in a similar situation enjoying sewing and craft. I look forward to following your crafty pursuits this year.