Thursday 24 July 2008

40 + 3 = still waiting....

As the title suggests I am still waiting for the arrival of our baby!

This picture was taken last night, so at 40 weeks and 2 days and while I still feel incredibly well, I look at this and think I do look a little tired.

Anyway onto the more important things - a nursery update!

I have completed and hung the three canvases and am really happy with how they look on the wall. There will be a shelving unit of some sort below this where assorted other animal friends can live.

This is the first of the cushions for the room - just to toss onto a chair really -no real purpose to them!

Thanks to the EB sewing girls for encouraging me to have a go at these. Novy was egging me on, having done some herself and I used Corrie's technique with an overlapped back - so no zippers or buttons required.

So it's back to waiting for me again now, might get stuck into the giraffe cushion while I have the time.

13 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

You look fantastic. I don't think you look tired at all!

I love what you have done with the nursery...will definitely suit a boy or a girl. Yes, sew up more cushions ;)

Cass said...

Karen you look great and so does the nursery. I must try the cushions that way

Charity said...

I think you look wonderful! Hang in there, and get as much rest while you can - it won't be long now! :0)

Belinda said...

You look great...if you get a chance, could you post a picture of what you looked like at the end of the pregnancy with the girls???? I am just really interested to see the difference (or did you go really early with the girls and therefore not relevant??)

Leah said...

You are glowing! I am soo clucky. :) Bring on the babe!
Your nursery is so cute - not too baby-ish and the cushions look wonderful. You may inspire me to have a go at a few.

Natalie said...

You look so beautiful Karen! I am in awe of how much you are getting done, makes me feel quite slack lol! The nursery is looking just adorable.

Lily Mulholland said...

You look wonderful! Take it easy won't you? You will be so tired after the birth - and it will happen soon!!!!

Beetlehouse Designs said...

Karen, you do look glowing and you don't look tired at all.

I love your cushions and the nursery room. Well done.

LBA said...

Good Luck Karen !

I think you look lovely at 40 + 3.
Nice to see you too, after chatting on the phone ;)

Thanks for the article on today's paper - we are all very chuffed over this way :)

xx

Cass said...

Karen, just saw your article (Acostitch had it on her blog), well done

Morag said...

Good luck Karen! You do look tired, but you look lovely, with a nice glow about you! I'm loving the baby's hippos and your nursery looks fantastic. Well done :)

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous Karen! The nursery is looking so good - love, love the cushion! Best wishes.

LBA said...

I'm stalking now .. looking for the announcement ;)