Sunday 16 September 2007

Did someone say applique?

The machine has been humming here!

I'm really getting stuck into the girls summer clothing and decided to have an applique day.
Here are the results:

Cotton pants shown previously, with matching tops

Tops with pink spotted shorts and green spotted fabric destined to become more shorts;


And the last two tops:

As part of the process of being tagged I came across the "Pay it Forward" exchange on Summer Pickles' blog, she in turn saw it on Kwoozy . Here's how it works...

I will send a handmade gift to 3 random people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week… LOL… but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

I think it sounds like a great idea to share the crafty love, so have decided to do the same.

I'm not sure yet what I will make so if you're a lurker coming out (and I'd love you to!), make sure you include a link to your blog or some details about yourself.

It will probably be kids clothing, a pincushion or a softie I think as that's about all I do! Anyway we can clear that up once the selections have been made.

Any comment on any post between now and Friday 28th September will be in the running.

So hop to it!


13 comments:

Cass said...

Karen I love your appliquing. I thin the exchange is a great idea and I think I will add it to my blog when I get home from work.

Suz said...

Wow, you've been busy. I love them all, especially the pink and apple green combo in the bike T.

Belinda said...

Those t-shirts are great!!! I am just working out the blanket stitch on my machine. Much better on straight lines than it is on curves at the moment.....hmm, maybe it is not the machines fault but mine!

Kelly said...

A lurker coming out of the wood work here. I love reading your blog and seeing your inspirational sewing. I too have twins but don't get too do any where near as much sewing as I would like. Love your work
Kelly

Heids said...

Love, love, LOVE your appliqued tops. I am so impressed - I have always been to chicken to try appliquing but your tops look so gorgeous (esp the vw vans and dream bikes ones) I think I am going to have to try it soon. Also, pick me, pick me - I think the pay it forward exchange sounds great and would love to be part of it.

Jen said...

You've had a very productive day. All the shirts look great but I really love the way you framed the kombi's and the bikes-they're gorgeous! The Pay-it-forward is a lovely idea too.

Lily Mulholland said...

Those cotton pants with their matching tees are fabulous - I know a 2yo who would love them! Better not show her your blog!!

Lin said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I love your appliqueing, especially that white one with the blue bird. Lovely.

Juni said...

These applique's are fantastic! I love the red tee with the vans on it - it just goes really well together.

Little Munchkins said...

You have been very busy. The appliques are fantastic.

Katherine said...

Hi Karen! Thanks for entering in our blog giveaway at fourfriendsandablog.blogspot.com
Remember to check back with us as we will be doing the draw for the winners in the afternoon of Fri. Sept. 21st PST - so there's still time to get entered for more chances by having friends saying you sent them to visit.

I came to see your blog, and WOW! Love what you're sewing. The clothes for your girls are so adorable. I personally love doing machine appliques on clothes - it can be a great way to coordinate an outfit (which you did quite brilliantly, I must say). The fabrics you chose are lovely.

tigerfilly said...

Very very gorgeous things - I especially love those free spirit fabrics. Great idea to layer one fabric on top of another!

Unknown said...

Hi, this is Nicola from fourfriendsandablog.blogspot.com....you will be glad to hear you won the box of goodies that I put together....please email me at veganpal02 AT gmail DOT com with your mailing address.