Pages

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Blowing in the wind

I've spoken before about how there are 'makers' and 'creators', the kid below is definitely a creator.

She comes up with an idea then sits down with pencils, paper, card, scissors, string, sticky-tape and usually glitter, to bring it to life.

Today it was kite making.

One for her...


One for her little sister...


Then, Miss A sees and likes the idea and conjures up her own - she's like me - a maker. 
She's able to follow a plan or pattern, but not usually the one to come up with the idea!


Here's their 'artwork' up close, glitter, streamers and of course a smiley face and some repurposed toilet rolls.


Often it means I am left with this...


But I think it's worth it.

PS - excuse the lawns!! A bit of rain and lots of sunshine and it's now growing like a jungle!

4 comments:

  1. So cute. My first 2 girls are little creators too. One's more arty (I'm secretly hoping she will become an amazing artist) and the other is definitely crafty and wants to become a knitter and a cooker when she grows up. The other 2 are too young to see yet. I love watching them come up with an idea and then producing the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so busy looking at the delight on the girls faces, that I didn't even notice the lawn! :) Then I went back for a look - I think all the daisies are really sweet - rather like they are playing in a meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lawn looks like a gorgeous meadow. Lovely!
    And yes ... the glitter mess is totally worth it... even though it will still be around in weeks to come. But hey... who doesn't need a bit of sparkle in their life?

    Gorgeous gorgeous kites. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an afternoon well spent making and playing (and cleaning up for some!).

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to have you here, why don't you leave a comment so I know you dropped by.
Or not, up to you!